Recife & Olinda Tour in Spanish & Portuguese, English Option
Explore some of the first areas of Brazil to be settled by the Portuguese on a full-day tour of colonial Recife and Olinda, home to Brazil's most popular Carnival. Visit Recife's energetic Casa de Cultura, the harmonious churches of Olinda, and much more.
Are you a business owner in Recife?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Recife.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- See all 3 sectors of 'Brazil's Venice': Recife, Santo Antônio, and Boa Vista
- Tour the city center of Olinda, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- Visit Boa Viagem Beach and Sao Bento Monastery
- Get panoramic views of Olinda from the 16th-century Alto da Sé Cathedral
- Look out for Olinda's trademark papier-mâché puppets used in Brazil's most popular Carnival
- Standard group tour in Spanish and Portuguese. Private tour available in English
DescriptionExplore the cities of Recife and Olinda on a comprehensive full-day tour of the major sights of both cities. Discover the first areas in Brazil to be settled by the colonial Portuguese in the 16th century, all in the company of an expert Spanish and Portuguese-speaking guide. The tour is also available with an English-speaking guide as a private option. Get a panoramic tour of Recife, with fantastic Atlantic Ocean views. Touring all 3 sectors of the city, including Santo Antônio and Boa Vista, admire sites such as the Maurício de Nassau Bridge and Republic Square, dominated by the Governor's Palace and neo-classical Santa Isabel Theatre. Feel the electric atmosphere of the Casa da Cultura, a former prison that now serves as a center for regional culture with craft stores and restaurants serving local cuisine In Olinda, you will discover one of the best preserved and most harmonious colonial cities in Brazil. Home to the most popular Carnival, look out for music rehearsals and the trademark papier-mâché puppets on the enchanting streets. Tour the downtown area, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the Misericórdia and 16th-century Alto da Sé Cathedral, where you will be rewarded with stunning panoramic views.
IncludesRound-trip transfer from most Recife area hotels Professional tour guide Food and beverages Entrance fee to the Embaixada dos Bonecos (approximately USD 3) Catamaran tour (R$25) Dolls Embassy Entrance (R$15) Tickets to Embassy of Pernambuco (R$15) Museum and Church entrances Gratuities
- Your exact pick-up location and time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour. All bookings must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the activity date
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation
- Passengers who do not take the catamaran tour will follow the guide to Marco Zero on the bus
- Those who choose not to visit the embassies can wait in the square of the Navy Arsenal, which is very pleasant and leafy
- Prices subject to change without notice. Payment for the optional activities must be made at the time in Brazilian real
- By decree of municipal law, medium and large vehicles are not allowed on the historical site of the city of Olinda. For this reason, some parts of the tour are done on foot
- Please wear light clothing, comfortable shoes and sunscreen
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Full-Day Caruaru and Nova Jerusalém Theater Tour
Get right to the heart of Pernambuco's folk traditions in this full-day excursion to Caruaru and the Nova Jerusalém open-air theater. Rummage through the handmade treasuFrom $75.00
- Best Seller
Recife 1-Day Tour to Porto Galinhas
Visit the beautiful beaches of Porto Galinhas, and escape to paradise for a whole day! Relish in the opportunity to bask under the sun, swim in the crystal-clear waters o6 ReviewsFrom $32.00
Olinda City Tour and Instituto Ricardo Brennand
Explore one of the best-preserved colonial cities in Brazil on a 5-hour guided tour of Olinda from Recife. See landmark attractions with a guide, including the panoramic2 ReviewsFrom $75.00
Recife Airport: 1-Way and Round-Trip Shared Transfers
Your arrival in Recife will be convenient and worry-free with this shared airport transfer. A friendly member of staff will meet you at Recife Airport and you’ll soon bFrom $26.00
From Full-Day Shopping & Cachaça Tour
Whether you want to hit the shopping mall, seek out a bargain or pick-up some unique souvenirs or handcrafts of famous artists of Pernambuco. This tour will be a great opFrom $66.00
Recife Boat Tour with Transfers
Cruise along the Capibaribe River in Recife and experience the "Brazilian Venice" by water. Ride to Santo Antonio, Recife Antigo and Boa Vista islands passing bridges and3 ReviewsFrom $60.00
Airport to Porto de Galinhas Transfer
Take the stress and uncertainty to get to your hotel, with this easy way out! Enjoy the best transportation from Recife Airport to all Porto de Galinhas and Muro Alto hotFrom $130.00
- Best Seller
Pernambuco: Carneiros Beach Day Tour with Catamaran Ride
Immerse yourself in a tropical paradise as you explore the stunning white sands of Carneiros beach and marvel at the coastline chocked full of coconut trees and calm crysFrom $39.00
Church of São Salvador do Mundo - Sé ChurchOlinda, Recife
It was erected under the invocation of "Nosso Senhor Salvador do Mundo" (Our Lord Savior of the World). It was the first church built in Brazil.............
Marco Zero (Ground Zero)Recife-Antigo---Old-Recife, Recife
Is the place where Recife was founded and serves as the starting point of the roads of Pernambuco.............