Colonial Igarassu & Island City of Itamaracá Full-Day Tour
Explore the beautiful colonial town of Igarassu and the exotic island of Itamaracá on a full-day tour to experience the real side of Brazil. Sail by catamaran to Coroa do Avião sandbar to watch hundreds of migratory birds.
- Explore one of the earliest colonial towns in Brazil, first settled in 1537
- Visit a church built in 1535, and considered to be the oldest church in Brazil
- See beautiful migratory birds nesting on the sandbars
- Sail by catamaran to the paradise islet of Coroa do Avião
- Enjoy optional water sports activities at Brazil's favorite water sport destinations
DescriptionDiscover a more authentic side to Brazil along paths less traveled. The 8-hour sightseeing tour from Recife visits the colonial town of Igarassu and the island city of Itamaracá in the state of Pernambuco. Tours are available either as a group tour in Spanish and Portuguese, or as a private tour in English. Following a pick-up from your hotel in the Recife area, journey 30 minutes north to the beautiful colonial town of Igarassu, one of the first towns ever settled by Europeans in Brazil. Admire the enchanting 16th-century church of the Igreja de Santos Cosme e Damião, the oldest church in Brazil. Next, explore the island city of Itamaracá, a tropical jewel of white sand beaches, palm trees and mangles, just off the coast of Igarassu. Enjoy optional water activities at one of Brazil's favorite water sport destinations (extra charges apply). Explore the Marine Manatee Center to learn about these extraordinary mammals, and go to the 17th-century Fort Orange, built by the Dutch. Afterwards, sail by catamaran to the paradise of Coroa do Avião sandbar, and observe countless migratory birds building their nests.
IncludesProfessional tour guide Roundtrip transfer to most hotels located in Boa Viagem and Piedade (Recife) or Porto de Galinhas Food and beverages Entrance to Igreja Cosme Damião (approximately USD 2.00) Gratuities Optional tours Tickets to attractions Optional catamaran ride to the islet of Coroa do Avião
- Please bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a swimsuit, sandals, a towel and hiking boots or tennis shoes
- Your exact pick-up location and time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour. All bookings must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the activity date · The tour depends on the conditions of the tide, so this activity can be rescheduled for the next day or canceled, according to the weather conditions · Some churches, forts, and museums may be closed for visitation so the itinerary is subject to change
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability